Episode 12 – The Smell of Summer
I’m gonna be honest with you guys. I am tired. This week has been emotionally draining and I feel as if tonight we should pump the breaks and go with something really easy and soothing. So without further ado, I present to you, the top 5 smells of summer.
5. Sun Screen – I grew up going to summer camp so the smell of sunscreen to me, brings back the fun memories I had as a wi little camper.
4. Beer – This is my first summer as a 21-year-old man and I am pumped to be reeking like Coors Lite on a nightly basis.
3. Clean Cut Grass – If this doesn’t scream summer to you, I don’t know what will
2. Food on the grill – Oh baby. Nothing, and I mean nothing compares to the smell of meaty food burning up on a flame lit grill. The aroma that fills your nostrils is in a way orgasmic. In my eyes, Summer doesn’t officially kick off until the grill is lit.
1. The Beach – I must admit that I am a tad bias with this final selection. I have had the privilege of driving down to the Jersey Shore during nearly every summer since birth. When you first cross that bride and roll down your windows, the salt that is in the air immediately takes your breath away. Nothing compares to it, man. You could be having the worst day ever, and as soon as you smell that salt air, a sense of joy takes over you. It is a smell that can not be replicated and is one of the natural delights of this world.